This presentation is designed to provide state employees with information on how to respond when an active shooter/ active threat is in your vicinity and how to quickly determine the most reasonable way to protect your own life. This program can be presented in approximately one and a half hours.
This training covers:
- How to prepare for and respond to an act of workplace violence or an active shooter situation
- What to expect from law enforcement during an actual active shooter incident
- Lessons learned from past active shooter/ active threat incidents
- Potential scenarios and techniques for "run, hide or fight"
- Information on how to respond when law enforcement arrives
- Threat awareness steps to take to enhance your own personal safety and survival
- Download the Active Shooter Flier
*Please contact Sergeant Justin Chortanoff at 717.787.8636 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule Active Shooter/Active Threat Training.
This presentation provides state employees with information about various criminal activities that may occur in or near a state building or facility. This program can be presented in approximately one hour.
*Please contact Sergeant Justin Chortanoff at 717.787.8636 or email@example.com to schedule Crime Prevention Training.
This presentation provides state employees with an overview of the various issues involved with bomb threats and/or improvised explosive devices. The use of 911 for emergencies in Harrisburg is also explained. This program can be presented in approximately one hour.
No one can predict if they will be placed in a position where they must defend themselves, but having the knowledge and preparation to navigate such a situation, should it occur, can definitely improve chances for a positive outcome.
This class is an excellent introduction or refresher for all skill and ability levels. The instruction for this course is very low-impact, low-stress and fun, while teaching valuable concepts and thought processes. It includes proven techniques on how to defend yourself should the unthinkable ever happen.
This program can be presented in approximately two hours.
Topics will include:
- Discussions and techniques to raise your general awareness
- A brief discussion of the limits of self-defense techniques and your legal obligations
- Personal threat assessment and avoidance techniques
- Threat de-escalation and aversion techniques
Training will be held at the Capitol Police Training Room in the Keystone Building. Recommended attire is sweatpants, shorts, t-shirt or any other comfortable gym attire.
This training provides information pertaining to the administration of standard first aid. Classes are presented by certified Red Cross Instructors and may be combined with CPR Training. The cost of training materials and certification cards will be the responsibility of the requesting agency.
This program can be presented in approximately four hours.
*Please contact Justin Chortanoff at 717.787.8636 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule First Aid Training.