The Ground Travel Worksheet is a tool for Commonwealth travelers to identify the least expensive form of automotive transportation.
- When booking a rental vehicle, if you receive a notification that Enterprise is sold out and no rentals are available near your location, please then verify that you do not have an agency pool vehicle available to use. If neither option is available contact the DGS rental office for assistance at 717-346-3821 or RA-BVM_RENTAL@pa.gov
NOTE: Internet Explorer is the supported browser. If using Google Chrome or other browser, the document must be downloaded in order to modify the document.
Effective September 3, 2019, when using the GTW to book an Enterprise's rental, you will be taken to Enterprise's new rental site.
Click on link below to read about changes in the mileage reimbursement rates for the use of a personally owned vehicle:
How-To and Frequently Asked Questions
Vehicle Maintenance & Accidents
The Commonwealth Garage services non-diesel vehicle under 10,000 lbs. For scheduling maintenance IN the Harrisburg area for your agency assigned fleet vehicle at the Commonwealth Garage, call 717-787-3933 Monday - Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm.
The Customer Service Division assists Commonwealth drivers with scheduling routine maintenance and service for their vehicles not performed at the Commonwealth Garage.
BVM has changed how we list approved vendors. When you click on "Service Vendors", a new tab will open up. You can now filter the criteria based on your needs (Example: by county, vendor name or tire contract etc.)
All accidents involving Commonwealth fleet vehicles, regardless of cost, must be reported to the Claims Division within one business day. If a Commonwealth fleet vehicle is rendered inoperable as the result of an accident, the operator should call (877) 347-9966 immediately for instructions to obtain towing services and alternate transportation. This number is monitored 24/7. Operators should leave a message if the number is not answered. A customer service representative will return your call as soon as possible.
Accident Reporting Checklist
If involved in an accident, the operator of a Commonwealth-owned vehicle should:
- Immediately report accident to the police by dialing 9-1-1
- Report the accident to the Claims Division at (877) 347-9966, Option #5
- TYPE and Submit form STD-541 Automobile Accident or Loss Notice within one business day to your Automotive Liaison (AL) for their signature. The form must be signed by the vehicle operator or his/her supervisor and automotive liaison for it to be accepted. Once the STD-541 is fully signed, it must be sent to the Claims Division via email RA-GSBVMCLAIMSDIV@pa.gov or fax (717) 425-7877.
- Submit at least five (5) digital, color photos of the Commonwealth vehicle – 1 each FULL-VIEW of the FRONT, REAR, DRIVER SIDE, PASSENGER SIDE, and any close ups of the damage if difficult to see.
- Obtain a minimum of two (2) estimates from approved body repair vendors and submit them to the Claims Division via fax or email within ten (10) days of the accident.
- Ensure that repairs approved by the Claims Division are completed within 30 days from the receipt of the estimate.
- Submit signed invoice to BVM – Claims for payment, keep a copy for your records
Claims Division Fax Cover Sheet for accidents involving the Commonwealth Fleet
Automotive Liaison Information
Automotive Liaisons act as the primary contact between agencies and the Bureau of Vehicle Management. Automotive Liaisons may use the resources provided here to assist managing their agency's fleet.
NOTE: Please email the GS, M5 Administrators resource account at RAemail@example.com for the following reasons:
- M5 Error Messages (please take screenshot)
- Automotive, Executive or Fiscal Liaison Changes
Requests should be emailed to Bill Confair, Chief of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automotive Liaison Resources
FLEETFOCUS M5 – Updates
Automotive Liaisons Meetings