United States Flag: Full-staff
Commonwealth flag: Full-Staff
Fly A Flag Over the Capitol
The Department of General Services offers United States and Pennsylvania flags flown over the Capitol to honor individual citizens or organizations. Flags to be flown over the Capitol may be purchased from the companies listed below or from any other location. DGS cannot donate, sell or distribute flags.
Philip Levin Company, 3301-C North Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, (717) 233-8844
Tyndale Flag Service, 7604 Allentown Boulevard, Harrisburg, PA 17112, (717) 545-6228
If you would like to have a flag flown over the Capitol with a certificate authenticating that the flag was flown, please prepare a letter which includes:
• Who the flag is being flown for
• Title or rank of individual flag is being flown for, if applicable
• The date, if there is a specific date you wish the flag to be flown
• Occasion for which the flag is be flown, if applicable
• Any other information you deem necessary
• Date flag needs to be returned
**Please note: a minimum of one week's notice is needed for a certificate to be provided.
The letter and flag(s) should be sent to:
Department of General Services
Capitol Police Flag Program
Room 70E Capitol East Wing
Harrisburg, PA 17125
All flags are returned via regular, USPS mail service at no charge. However, if the flag(s) need to be returned within a short timeframe, a pre-paid envelope for Fed-Ex, UPS or USPS (overnight) must be provided.