When state surplus property is made available for sale to the public through auction, the internet or Department of General Services’ warehouse, the following prohibitions and limitations apply:
- Employees of the Department of General Services’ Bureau of Supplies and Surplus may not purchase the property.
- Property Control Officer(s) and their supervisor(s) of the Commonwealth agency which declares the property “surplus” may not purchase the property.
- State employees may not purchase any item with a price greater than $500.
- State employees are also subject to any specific guidelines of their respective agencies in regard to purchases of items with a price of $500 or less.
- Employees should check agency policy on purchasing of state property to identify any additional restriction.