Federal Surplus Property Program
This program provides federal surplus property such as medical equipment, vehicles, office
supplies, furniture, kitchen equipment and much more to eligible
Pennsylvania municipalities, emergency services, schools and other nonprofit organizations.
Property no longer wanted or needed by federal agencies becomes surplus and
available for donation to eligible nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations at a
nominal service charge to cover the costs of administering the program. Through this program, we are able to place
millions of dollars’ worth of property back into public use in Pennsylvania.
Know the regulations that govern Federal Surplus:
- Federal surplus property must be placed into use within 12 months from the date of its acquisition
- Federal surplus property must be used for a minimum 12-month period from the date it is placed into use
- Federal surplus property valued new at $5,000 or more must be used for a minimum 18-month period. Aircraft, boats and gifts from foreign countries all have extended use periods.
- Federal surplus equipment and supplies are restricted to organizational use only. No personal use of federal property is permitted
- Federal surplus property cannot be sold, loaned, traded or torn down for parts during the minimum use period without prior permission from the program director
- Federal surplus property is considered Federal Financial Grant-In-Aid and may require compliance under the Single Audit Act of 1984 and the provisions of OMB circular A-133
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may require payment to the US Government for the value of the property.
The Federal Surplus Property program is covered by federal nondiscrimination
laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, national origin, age,
disability and sex.
Property Available in the Harrisburg Warehouse
Property Available through Direct Allocation from Location
Directions to Federal Surplus Loading Dock
From our Distribution Center and offices, turn left as you exit the main parking lot.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Parkway Boulevard.
- Turn left before going through the traffic light at State Street.
- Pass the State Street Commons Plaza and go through the automatic gate.
- Go straight through the parking lot to the green fence.
- Go through that gate, turning left and the docks will be on the left.