The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is committed to engaging the public in the 2017 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Disparity Study process. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the BBC study team will host various events throughout the course of the disparity study to help the public understand the purpose of the study and to offer opportunities for the public and various stakeholders to submit testimony and comments about their experiences with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and perceptions of working in the local marketplace. The events schedule will be updated regularly. Please check back periodically for those updates.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and BBC will conduct six public meetings throughout the state in Fall 2017. During each meeting, the study team will give a presentation describing the disparity study, including its purpose, methodology, and the study schedule. Following the presentation, attendees will be given the opportunity to submit verbal testimony about their experiences doing work in the local marketplace and to ask questions about the disparity study.
Information about upcoming public meetings is presented below:
- Philadelphia - Philadelphia City Council Chambers, 1400 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia PA, 19107, Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Philadelphia - The Enterprise Center 4548 Market Street, Philadelphia , PA 19139, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Allentown - PennDOT Engineering district 5-0 Office, 1002 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- King of Prussia - PennDOT Engineering district 6-0 Office, 7000 Geerdes Boulevard, King of Prussia, PA 19406, Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Harrisburg - Dixon University Center, Administration Building, Conference Room A/B/C, 2986 N. 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, Friday, January 19, 2018, 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Pittsburgh - United Steelworkers Building, 60 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Erie - Erie City Hall - City Council Chambers, 626 State Street, Erie, PA, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Philadelphia - Mars Drink Conference Room, The Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia, 200 S. Broad Street, 7th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102, Monday, April 30, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding the public forums, you can contact us by using the “Contact Us” section of the webpage. To access the “Contact Us” section, click here.
Business Organization/Trade Association Meetings
The study team will participate in meetings with various local business organizations and trade organizations throughout the state including the Governor’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Inclusion, and Small Business Opportunities. Each meeting will involve discussions between the study team and members of these organizations. The study team will also give members an opportunity to share their experiences with working in the state and with forming and growing their businesses.