SMALL BUSINESS CONTRACTING PROGRAM
The Commonwealth, through the Small Business Contracting Program, maintains a strong commitment to providing opportunities for small businesses to compete for prime contracting opportunities with the goal of promoting the economic growth and success of small businesses.
Businesses interested in participating as a small business in the Small Business Contracting Program must first register to do business with the Commonwealth and self-certify as a “small business.” To self-certify and participate as a Small Business, a business must meet each of the following requirements:
- The business must be a for-profit, United States business.
- The business must be independently owned.
- The business may not be dominant in its field of operation.
- The business may not employ more than 100 full-time equivalent employees.
- Through October 31, 2018, the business may not exceed, by business type, three-year average gross sales of $7 Million for Building Design Services, $20 Million for Procurement and Construction Services/Supplies, or $25 Million for IT Services/Supplies.
- Effective November 1, 2018, the business may not exceed three-year average gross revenues of $38.5 Million, regardless of business type.
Businesses will be required to upload the first page of the company's three most recent federal tax returns which are required to verify annual gross revenues. You may redact your federal tax identification number, if desired. Acceptable file formats for tax upload include Portable Document Format (PDF) and Joint Photographic Group (JPG). If a business has not existed for three years, the average gross sales are computed for the period of the business’ existence. For newly formed businesses, the determination is based upon projected gross sales.
Follow the step-by-step process below to complete self-certification as a small business. Click here for additional information on the Small Diverse Business program for verification as a Minority, Woman, Veteran, Service Disabled Veteran, LGBT, and Disability-Owned Business Enterprise.
NOTICE: Click here for Special Notice on Windows 10 Known Compatibility Issues.
STEP 1 – SUPPLIER REGISTRATION
To register as a vendor visit the PA Supplier Portal and click on Suppler Registration. Not sure if your company is registered? Don't know your registration number? Call toll free: (877) 435-7363 (option 1), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceed to Step 2 if you already have a PA Vendor Number.
STEP 2 – SMALL BUSINESS SELF-CERTIFICATION REGISTRATION
Small business self-certification, a two-year certification which requires biannual renewal, is a prerequisite for verification as a Small Diverse Business. Visit smallbusiness.pa.gov for program guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and step-by-step instructions for the self-certification process.
To access the small business application and begin the certification process:
- Go to the PA Supplier Portal and click Supplier Logon.
- Enter your user name and password. TIP: If you do not know your login information, select “Forgot your password” or “Forgot Your UserID” (preferred) or contact the Supplier Service Center at RA-PSCSRMPORTAL@pa.gov or (877) 435-7363, option 1.
- Click Bidder Tab > Enterprise Applications > Small & Small Diverse Business Program Application. TIP: View our application guide for basic troubleshooting for most common issues (e.g. the Enterprise Applications portal page appears blank), visit the PA Supplier Portal Support page, or contact the Supplier Service Center at RA-PSCSRMPORTAL@pa.gov or (877) 435-7363, option 1.
Application & Instructions