SMALL BUSINESS CONTRACTING PROGRAM
The Commonwealth, through the Small Business Contracting Program, maintains a strong commitment to providing opportunities for small businesses to compete for prime contracting opportunities with the goal of promoting the economic growth and success of small businesses.
Businesses interested in participating as a small business in the Small Business Contracting Program must first register to do business with the Commonwealth and self-certify as a “small business.” To self-certify and participate as a Small Business, a business must meet each of the following requirements:
- The business must be a for-profit, United States business.
- The business must be independently owned.
- The business may not be dominant in its field of operation.
- The business may not employ more than 100 full-time equivalent employees.
- The business, by type, may not exceed the following three-year average gross sales*:
- Building Design Services
- Procurement Goods
- Procurement Services
- Construction Goods & Services
- Information Technology Goods & Services
Businesses will be required to upload the first page of the company's three most recent federal tax returns which are required to verify annual gross sales. You may redact your federal tax identification number, if desired. Acceptable file formats for tax upload include Portable Document Format (PDF) and Joint Photographic Group (JPG). If a business has not existed for three years, the average gross sales are computed for the period of the business’ existence. For newly formed businesses, the determination is based upon projected gross sales. In order for a business to operate in more than one of the five general business classifications, its combined operations cannot exceed the lowest three-year average gross sales for the business types selected.
Follow the step-by-step process below to complete self-certification as a small business. Click here for additional information on the Small Diverse Business program for verification as a Minority, Woman, Veteran, Service Disabled Veteran, LGBT, and Disability-Owned Business Enterprise.
NOTICE: Click here for Special Notice on Windows 10 Known Compatibility Issues.
STEP 1 – SUPPLIER REGISTRATION
To register as a vendor visit the PA Supplier Portal and click on Suppler Registration. Not sure if your company is registered? Don't know your registration number? Call toll free: (877) 435-7363 (option 1), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceed to Step 2 if you already have a PA Vendor Number.
STEP 2 – SMALL BUSINESS SELF-CERTIFICATION REGISTRATION
Small business self-certification, a one-year certification which requires annual renewal, is a prerequisite for verification as a Small Diverse Business. Visit smallbusiness.pa.gov for program guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and step-by-step instructions for the self-certification process.
To access the small business application and begin the certification process:
- Go to the PA Supplier Portal and click "Supplier Logon" (call 877-435-7363, option 1, if you do not have you Logon information).
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click "Bidder Tab" > "Enterprise Applications" > "Small & Small Diverse Business Program Application" (contact the Supplier Service Center at (877) 435-7363, option 1, if the Enterprise Applications portal page appears blank or view our application guide for basic troubleshooting for most common obstacles).
Application & Instructions